5 On-Point Kitchen Trends for 2021
Looking to get a little more stylish in the most-used room of the house? Wanting to up your gourmet-cooking game in 2021? Then consider some of these highly popular kitchen design trends based on Instagram likes, shared by the experts at Martha Stewart.
1. Shaker-style cabinets. Offering simplicity and practicality, Shaker cabinets can work in any style kitchen, from traditional to contemporary. Known for their square frames and flat panel sides, Shaker cabinets are highly versatile as well as timeless.
2. Center islands. Quickly becoming a staple of kitchen design, center islands have so much to offer, from additional cooking space to a convenient spot for friends and family to congregate. Your island can also be a way to add creative flare, with a unique countertop or a pop of painted color on the base.
3. Wooden floors. You can’t go wrong with a wooden floor in your kitchen, providing value and a timeless design sense. Look for wooden floor shades to get a little deeper as grays and mahoganies rise in popularity.
4. White cabinets. If you want to do something different with your cabinets, but can’t decide what, try painting them white. White gives your kitchen an instantly fresh and open feel, serving as the perfect neutral backdrop for any other colors you may want to introduce.
5. A touch of nature. One unexpected design trend for kitchens is the addition of plants and greenery. Position a tall palm in a corner, hang plants in attractive copper pots, or grow an herb garden on your windowsill. Whatever you choose, it’s all about putting your green thumb on display.