Mortgage Rates at Standstill
Mortgage rates are at a standstill, making no movement in the past week, according to Freddie Mac's latest Primary Mortgage Market Survey® (PMMS®). The average 30-year, fixed rate is 4.35 percent; the average 15-year, fixed rate is 3.77 percent; and the average five-year, Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable rate is 3.84 percent.
"Mortgage rates remained mostly unchanged this week, while mortgage applications rose 5.3 percent from the previous week," says Sam Khater, chief economist at Freddie Mac. "The general decline in rates we have seen recently, combined with rebounding pending home sales, hint at a strong spring home-buying season."
- Averaging 4.35 percent, with an average 0.5 point
- No change from the prior week, and down from 4.43 percent the prior year
- Averaging 3.77 percent, with an average 0.5 point
- Down from 3.78 percent the prior week and 3.9 percent the prior year
- Averaging 3.84 percent, with an average 0.3 point
- No change from the prior week, but up from 3.62 percent the prior year